JOIN THE SHEMESHLIST
SUBSCRIBE TO THE LIST!
Q: What is the purpose of the Shemesh list?
A: This free and easy to use email list exists to allow communication between list members on topics of interest to Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh residents. It is a place to help new & old residents learn about events, local products and services, and get your questions answered about living in Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh.
Q: How do I post to the list?
A: Send an email to email@example.com
Q: How do I receive messages from the email list?
A: Join the email list. Complete the form on the top of this page.
Q: What is the difference between the digest and the individual mail list?
A: The digest will be delivered to you every 12 messages or so.
The individual mail list sends out each mail individually. Some people prefer this because they can delete the ones they want without having to keep a whole digest. Others prefer digest because it limits the amount of email coming in to their inbox.
Q: What if I want to change my subscription from digest to individual or vice versa?
A: Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or edit your subscription on groups.io
Q: How do I leave the list (unsubscribe)?
A: We hope you don’t want to leave. In the event that you do, contact email@example.com
Q: Can I temporarily stop the emails without unsubscribing?
A: To stop the list from sending to you, send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or edit your subscription on groups.io
Q: If I join the list from one email account (let's say, email@example.com) can I post to the list from another email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)?
A: Please post from the email account that is subscribed.
Q: How do I search the archives if I remember someone sent something to the list last month that I want to read?
Q: What kind of information should I post to the list?
A: Post messages about "happenings" in Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh. Ask community related questions such as requests for rides, recommendations for services, notes about activities (chugim), etc.
This free e-mail list allows easy communication between list members on topics of interest pertaining to Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh.
It is a place to help new and old residents learn about events, local products and services, and get questions answered about living in Bet Shemesh. We are the only area e-mail list that unifies the English speaking communities of BOTH Bet Shemesh and Ramat Bet Shemesh with over 4600 members. There are between 130-150 messages posted daily.
1. The List accepts only plain text messages (not HTML) with NO attachments in order to eliminate viruses.
2. FREE AD SUNDAY takes place from Motzai Shabbat until promptly at 23:00 on Sundays. All ShemeshPhone advertisers(minimum purchase required) or small Bet Shemesh based businesses or organization, including a chug,
tutor or camp in BS/RBS, who do not pay to advertise elsewhere may post one posting per FREE AD SUNDAY. This is a chesed we offer to businesses/organizations that do not have any money to spend on advertising. Please write ShemeshPhone advertiser OR Small Local Business at the bottom of the email to ensure it will be accepted. Any email to reach the List after 23:00 on Sunday will be discarded automatically without notification to the poster. There are no exceptions to this rule, so please post early.
List Moderators, ShemeshPhone and Shemesh Media reserve the right to refuse any posting, advertising or publication without
3. The list is not meant for political discussion except for announcements of specific events and political informational messages
e.g. announcement of voting procedures etc. Simply state the details.
4. AOL, Yahoo, Bezeqint email addresses may not subscribe to the List.
5. When forwarding a message to Shemesh-List, make sure to remove all forwarding information, including email addresses that were in the original post. Messages that do not confirm to this rule will be automatically discarded.
6. Remember that ALL list messages are archived online and will be PUBLICLY available to anyone who does a Google search for many years to come. Once posted, we CANNOT delete a message.
7. All emails must be signed with an actual first AND last name or will be deleted without notice. If an exception is requested, please contact us at email@example.com